Friday 5 July 2013

Featured Artist Interviews.

Kelby-Sinan Caletic Mermaid
Featured Artist Interviews
As We Made It! is all about the supporting and promoting of local Fine Artists & Artisans we aim to (along with free advertising and invitations to trade events) publish interviews both here on our blog and on our website www.wemadeitstore.co.uk too. These will be interviews conducted between We Made It! and the Artist/Artisan, a feature on their work, their medium, style, why they do what they do etc. Whilst giving further exposure to the individual Artist/Artisan and their business, we also feel it is important for the followers of We Made It! to feel in touch with the Artists and their processes. It is nice to have a personal insight sometimes and feel connected.

This is a very short and simple example of what the Artist/Artisan and our followers can expect from the We Made It! Featured Artist Interviews.

We Made It!
Supporting the Bohemian Community
Featured Artist Interview
We Made It! talking to Emma Davis of Pumpkin Seed Creations in Kent. Emma is a Fine Artist, Toy Designer & Jewellery Maker who lives with her Daughter, a fat cat and a goldfish!

What do you create?
I create eco-friendly, biodegradable and educational rag dolls & toys directly from my own original artwork. I also make cotton & calico toys, ribbon dolls and bespoke creations directly from children's artwork.

What drew you to this particular art/craft?
It has been an organic process, which started when I was around six years old, watching and helping my Mother cut out templates for patchwork quilts in our home in Massachusetts. The eco side is a passion of mine and the educational aspect comes from teaching and caring for children.

Where do you sell your products?
Soon they will be available through the We Made It! store in Canterbury. I trade through the Artisan & Whitefriars markets, also in Canterbury and I have an Etsy page for Internet sales;
www.etsy.com/shop/pumpkinseedcreations

What are your two favourite products in your range?
That's a difficult one! I love the Isa-Rae Doll as it is based on my daughter and the Lucy-Lou Doll as this is based on my dearest friend. I really enjoyed drawing Sheldon the Number Gecko and Franny Fox too!

What inspires you?
My daughter, family friends, art, literature, music, nature, humour and random acts of kindness.

What is the biggest lesson you have learned running a handmade business?
That it is full time! I mean around the clock. If you love your hobby, and are good at what you do, you can turn it into a business with hard work. If you start to loose your passion it probably isn't for you? I'm lucky, I love what I do!

Please share any links you would like highlighted at the end of the article.
My email:                    emmapumpkinseed@aol.com
Facebook Page:          facebook.com/pumpkinseedcreations
Twitter:                       @emmapumpkinseed
Blog:                           www.pumpkinseedstore.blogspot.ae


Pumpkin Seed - Signature Doll

Isa-Rae Doll

Lucy-Lou Doll

Sheldon the Number Gecko
Franny Fox







No comments:

Post a Comment